run wild

run wild
forget about the naysayers

Monday, February 15, 2010

somos el mundo.

We are the world. so, I just watched the remake, I thought it was pretty good. I love seeing people come together for a good cause, to help people. I also like seeing people sing with so much passion, a few of the singers gave me goosebumps because they brought power to it, like Jennifer Hudson Celine Dion and a couple others. A few times throughout the video i cringed because of some of the singers. and i frowned when the rap segment came up. I thought to myself, why  are snoop dog, akon and t pain here? All t-pain does is autotune, i mean can they even sing? (If you can't tell i am not into r&b, most pop, and rap at all) But then i realized that it doesn't matter what type of music they sing and where they come from, what matters is that they are coming together to reach out and sing for those who are dying. So there, i had to get that off of my chest.

ANYWHO,
so lately, i'm ashamed to say that i have not been inspired. Fashion-wise i have not done anything amazing. I feel dull and uncreative in this area sometimes. It usually happens when i am bogged down with school work. But yes, on Saturday me and my sister went shopping in the horrid place that is known as Forever21. Okay, so before you shoot me let me tell you why i do not like forever21.
I use to be an avid shopper at that store but once i started getting into high fashion and finding my personal style i realized that it was not the store for me. Whenever i shopped there I would end up buying something that I didn't like as much because it was all they had. Also there clothes are not on the good quality side, most of the things that i have from there shrunk and do not fit the same way that they had. Its discouraging. So my mom, (yes my mom) banned from shopping there and now i shop at Urban Outfitters and Zara mainly. And let me tell you, my style has been soo much better. I also study fashion magazines and post on my fashion blog on Chictopia.com which challenges me to do weird and quirky things with my style. So thats that.
more later, follow me!

nickymarie

No comments:

Post a Comment